Lucky for the neighborhood, Bar Meatball is both! Located just behind Dark Horse Tavern in Virginia Highlands, which means within walking distance for me. The interior has a rustic modern, Italian family appeal. Loving the Edison bulbs, Mason jars and black and white vintage photos strategically placed around the restaurant.
The best part is the food, seriously. It's apparent their food is prepared with care. Pick a meatball type or get sliders, then pick a sauce and side (you want a side, trust me). I was about to order one of everything on the menu the first time we went.
|Chicken Rosemary Meatballs with Fredo Sauce|
|GF Parmesan Mash|
|Zeppole’s, Italian style donuts with powdered sugar|
My fiancé and I have thoroughly enjoyed the food. Plus, they do have several gluten-free options on the menu. The Chicken & Rosemary Meatballs with Arugula Walnut Pesto and any GF side is the perfect meal for me. Healthy comfort food at it's finest.
This week celebrate Bar Meatball's grand opening with a week full of special offers (from their 5/12 newsletter...bummed we missed Free Sliders last night!):
- Monday, May 12: Free Slider Night - Come in and enjoy a slider on us!
- Tuesday, May 13: Morningside Lenox Park Association Neighbor Night - 10% of the evening's proceeds will be donated to our neighbors at the Morningside Lenox Park Association.
- Wednesday, May 14: Select bottles of red and white wine for just $10!
- Thursday, May 15: Sangria and slider special for just $6!
- Friday, May 16: Free Zeppole Friday - Celebrate the arrival of the weekend with some free donuts!
- Saturday, May 17: Kids under 12 eat free from 12 - 5 p.m.
Trying the housemade sangria and cocktails are next on my list. I hear the Jalapeno Margarita is becoming a favorite. They just got a new food truck too, so expect to start seeing them around Atlanta area soon!
1044 Greenwood Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30306